The January 2015 attacks remain a vivid memory for Zineb El Rhazoui, a former colleague of killed journalists who attacks Islamologist Tariq Ramadan and Rokhaya Diallo.
As a prelude to the opening of the trial of the January 2015 attacks scheduled for Wednesday September 2, Zineb El Rhazoui, who was staying in Morocco at the time of the attack against Charlie Hebdo on January 7, told Le Figaro newspaper: “My two phones were inundated with calls from friends and family who wanted to know where I was. I didn’t answer anyone. What interested me was who was dead, who was alive. ” The journalist says she learned the identity of the twelve dead at 9 p.m. “I was in shock,” she recalls.
Zineb El Rhazoui is unhappy with some people: “The representatives of the CFCM, for example, who declared, hand on heart and tear in their eyes, that ‘terrorism was bad’, but will condemn, a few days later, the front page of the survivors’ number. “We also quickly learned that kids in France refused to respect the minute’s silence in tribute to the victims of the attacks or that there had been outbursts of joy in some countries,” she continues.
The journalist is also angry with several personalities on the left. “Shortly after the attacks, Edwy Plenel held a conference with Tariq Ramadan and all those who have always accused Charlie of being Islamophobic – a crime that does not exist in France – spoke out. On the other hand, people like Rokhaya Diallo, who accused Charlie of being a racist for years, did not make amends, ”she explains.
The journalist says she does not forgive all these people, all the Islamists who are still well established and continue to preach the same hatred. “I remember all those who contributed to Charlie’s isolation and descent into hell. They bear a moral responsibility for the fate that was reserved for Charlie,” she persuaded herself.